Deployment of components not on Firmware Maintenance CD
If you have components that are not on the Firmware Maintenance CD that you want to deploy, you can include other smart components to HP Smart Update Manager environment. To deploy software and firmware components that are not on the Firmware Maintenance CD:
- Obtain the components from the HP website.
- Create a bootable USB key, or copy the compaqswpackages directory to the hard drive, and then remove the read-only bit.
- Add the additional components to the compaqswpackages directory on the USB key or to the directory on the hard drive with the components from the Firmware Maintenance CD.
- Start HP Smart Update Manager.
- On the Source Selection screen, you can specify the directory where all of the components are located as well as select the Check ftp.hp.com box if you want to include the latest version of software and firmware components from the HP website.