To add, edit, or delete hosts, click the Manage Hosts button. The Manage Hosts screen appears. A remote host can be the IP address or DNS name of a remote server, remote iLO NIC port, Virtual Connect Ethernet or Fibre Channel Module for c-Class BladeSystem, or BladeSystem Onboard Administrator.
NOTE: Local hosts cannot be included in a list with remote hosts or in a group. When selecting an iLO or iLO2 as a host, only the iLO firmware can be updated. The server host must be selected to update all other firmware and software components. The iLO firmware can be updated by either selecting the iLO or the server host.
To add a host:
- Click Add Host. The New Host dialog box appears.
- Select the method to add a host from the following:
- Enter the DNS name of the host you want to add.
- Enter the IP address of the host you want to add.
- Enter the IP address range of the hosts you want to add. The starting and ending IP addresses must both be on the same subnet. When using the IPv6 format, the last field in the ending address is limited to 32 targets.
NOTE: When adding hosts using either IP address option, you can select from the IP format options: IPv4 or IPv6. The IPv4 format is the default option since it is the current Internet protocol. The IPv6 format is the next generation Internet protocol.
- Enter an optional user-defined description given to the host you want to add.
- Click OK.
The new host is added to the list on the Select Installation Host(s) screen.
To edit an existing host:
- On the Manage Hosts screen, click the Edit Host button. The Edit Host dialog box appears.
- Edit the Host Name and Description.
- Click OK.
To delete a host:
- On the Manage Hosts screen, click the Delete Host button.
- When the confirmation screen appears, click Yes.