Selecting components to install on multiple hosts
The Select Items to be Installed screen displays the server hosts and their status information.
The Select Items to be Installed screen includes the following buttons:
- View Host—Enables you to view additional information about a host after you select it.
- Install—Installs all selected components on all remote hosts. The Install button is grayed out when a dependency failure occurs.
- Exit—Exits HP Smart Update Manager.
The server host pane of the Select Items to be Installed screen displays summary information for the server hosts available for installation and features a drilldown of individual hosts.
The server host pane is divided into the following columns:
- Host—Specifies the name of the system, number of updates available, and the estimated time for the installation.
- Status—Specifies the status of the host.
The host is ready for installation.
Nothing to Install
The host is already up-to-date.
Host Skipped Due to Existing HPSUM Session
The host is skipped due to an existing HP Smart Update Manager session.
The host is not ready for installation. Click View Host for additional information.
The host is not ready for installation. The detection of installed hardware, software, and firmware has failed.
NOTE: The default reboot behavior after updates are installed might also appear in the Status column.
To zoom in to single host selections, click View Host on the Select Items to be Installed screen. The Selections for Single Host screen appears.
To set single-host selections, proceed as described in “Selecting Components to Install.”
After setting the single-host selections for all hosts to be updated, on the Select Items to be Installed screen, to proceed with the installation, click Install.