Selecting an installation host
The Select Installation Host(s) screen appears when you have selected the location to obtain your updates from.
The Select Installation Host(s) screen enables you to choose a host for component installation. By default, the first time you run HP Smart Update Manager on a particular system, the only host available is the local host. However, you can also select remote hosts as your targets. For more information about using the graphical interface for multiple remote deployments, see Multiple-host installations using the GUI.
The following columns are included in the Select Installation Host(s) screen:
- Host Name—Displays the host IP address or DNS name.
- Type—Categorizes the system as a host or group.
- Last Used—Enables you to sort the list by the most recently used hosts.
- Description—Displays the user-defined description given to a host.
When the Remote Host or Group option in the Select Installation Host(s) screen is selected, you can sort your view of the host list by selecting Only Hosts, Only Groups, or Both.
The Select Installation Host(s) screen also includes the following buttons:
- Manage Hosts—Enables you to add, edit, and delete hosts.
- Manage Groups—Enables you to add, edit, and delete groups.
- Edit—Enables you to edit the selected host.
- Next—Proceeds to the next step in the installation process where the local or remote system checks for already installed items.
- Exit—Exits HP Smart Update Manager.
To continue selecting an installation host, click Next. For multiple remote deployments, enter the credentials for the host. When the credentials have been successfully entered, the discovery process occurs.